1. Find your Joomla category's RSS Feed url
The easiest way to do it (using this site as an example) would be to go to the correct category and view the source code. I will go to the category Joomla Templates, and right click on the page to view the source code. I need to look for the RSS line, so the easiest way to do that is to search by CTRL + F and type in RSS.
2. We go over to feedburner and put that url into "Burn a feed..." box and click next.
3. Customize the Feed Title if you wish.
In our case, we didn't want to modify it. you can ignore the feed address below the title.
4. Confirm your feed is pushing content to feedburner
click on the link to check to make sure that the content is being pushed up to feedburner.
Go down to the bottom of this page and click next to continue the configuration.
5. Add stats to your feedburner (optional)
Click the checkboxes to add stats you want tracked. I usually check the clickthroughs and "I want more". Finally click the next to move on.
6. Click on the publicize tab
From the main view, you want to go over to the publicize tab and and click the PingShot link on the left side.
7. Activate PingShot to push your posts via ping services!
For every category that you want to push out and ping, just follow these steps over again. Feedburner will automatically ping out to the following services:
- My Yahoo
- Google Blog Search, and
...but will also allow you to add 5 more of your choosing.